|The deadline for abstract submission is: Monday, July 27, 2020
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: Monday, August 24, 2020
- Instructions for abstract submission
- Main Areas
- Important Information
- Instructions for abstract preparation
- Instructions for Approved Abstracts - ELECTRONIC POSTER (E-POSTER) MODALITY - GUIDELINES
Instructions for abstract submission
1) Please register at the event through the website. Fees do not have to be paid at the time of registration; payments can be done after the acceptance that your abstract has been confirmed. Other authors who register at the congress should not send the same abstract already registered;
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area (MY ACCOUNT MENU) with the username and password that you have informed during registration. New menus will be displayed.
3) Click on “My Abstracts” Menu.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form.
5) Before submitting the abstract, please review it carefully. Any changes will be allowed only until the final submission deadline.
* The submitter author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to scientific paper will be sent only to this author by the registered e-mail and he / she should be in charge of passing on to the coauthors;
6) Choose the type of presentation – Oral presentation OR Poster Presentation.
7) After submitting abstracts, click "Log out".
8) After submitting the abstract, the person in charge for the presentation (who made the submission) will receive an email confirming the information provided. Check if all the information is correct. If there is anything wrong, log in again and make the necessary changes (up to the deadline for submission of abstracts – see “Important Information”).
9) If you do not receive the automatic email confirming the submission on the same day, the abstract was not sent correctly. In this case, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org reporting what happened and what problem you had. Remember to check the SPAM box before doing it.
10) To access the event website again, just use your username and password at MY ACCOUNT menu. In case you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
Main Areas» Clinical findings
» Epidemiology and MRI
» Immunology and basic science
» MS treatment
» Multidisciplinary care
» NMO, ADEM and CIS
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• The ABSTRACTS must be submitted only in English; papers submitted in other languages won’t be considered;
• The deadline for abstract submission is: 27/07/2020
• In order to receive the certificate of your abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have attended the event.
• There is no limit of abstracts submitted by the author;
• There is no limit of authors included per abstract. Please list the authors in the desired order;
IMPORTANT: The submitter/presenter also has to include himself/herself in the list of authors!
• On 24/08/2020, abstract acceptance will be published in “My Abstracts” link of the submission site (author log in).
• After receiving confirmation of acceptance, the submitting person of the abstract needs to confirm the payment of registration fee until 28/08/2020. Presentation should be made by the indicated author when the abstract is submitted. If this is not possible, another author previously registered must be present, as long as he/she has registered in the event and have paid the registration fee.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
• Only one certificate will be issued per presented abstract. Certificates are issued following the order in which authors were registered.
• Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
• The main author can choose the modality of abstract presentation. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• Registration fees can be found at the “Registration” menu of the congress website and are independent of the approval date of the abstract. In order to guarantee any discount, payment of the fees needs to be made within the deadlines.
• The final decision of the Scientific Committee on presentation modality is considered supreme and irrevocable and shall not be questioned.
• By submitting the papers, the authors assume compliance with the laws and ethical standards that govern research with humans and animals, including the approval of the Research Ethics and Clinical Research Ethics Committees in Animals.
• The Organizing Committee of the Congress won’t be responsible for the costs of registration, transportation, accommodation or other costs generated to presentations in any modality.
• The submission of the summary represents a commitment of the author (s) to present the work, if accepted, during the event.
Instructions for abstract preparation
• The title should be concise and reflect the study to be presented. Limit of 250 characters for the title.
• The abstract text should not exceed 300 words (does not include title and authorship / affiliation).
• The abstract should be structured in an objective and concise way, providing essential information under each title. Suggested titles: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion;
• Case reports should be structured in: Case Presentation, Discussion and Final Comments. Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience between professionals, the Scientific Committee recommends being sent only reports of common cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• The use of graph or table will not be allowed in the submission of abstracts, although such resources may be used in the formatting of presentations;
• All the instructions above also apply to poster submissions;
• Bibliographic references should not be included in the electronic submission. It is suggested that the authors refrain from using abbreviations.
• Results based on statements such as "results will be presented" and "data will be analyzed" will not be considered. These should be explained as clearly as possible and the conclusions should be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors should write at least the preliminary results, if it is an ongoing study, for example.
• Case reports without clear originality and relevance that justify their presentation will not be accepted. Also, only literature review will be rejected.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Instructions for Approved Abstracts - ELECTRONIC POSTER (E-POSTER) MODALITY - GUIDELINES
Guidelines and rules to submit abstracts approved for E-poster
The approved abstracts will be displayed at the congress website, without presentation.
The abstracts approved for POSTER have to be sent electronically (e-poster).
The option to send the E-POSTER will be available at the author’s restricted area (“my account”) – menu “my abstracts”, in a specific link.
Presentation setup using PowerPoint:
- Create a Power Point presentation with a single slide
- Page setup: Design – slide size – custom slide size. Width 33,867 x High 19,05. Landscape orientation.
- Choose “save as” and at the option “format”, choose PNG format.
- There are no requirements with regards to number of words, letters or characters, colors or fonts. Images and graphs can be included.
- Your file has to be attached to the correct Poster in your restricted area(in case you have more than 1 abstract. Go to “insert poster”, chose the correct file and click “Send” to upload. You can change your poster file until the deadline.
- Use italic only for terms in other languages.
- The E-poster TITLE should be EXACTLY THE SAME as in the abstract title. Below the title should be the author’s name and their respective institutions. When there is more than one author, separate them with a semicolon.
- Deadline to send the E-POSTER: from 09/09/2020 to 09/18/2020 – only through congress website.
- Delivery in a timely manner and in an appropriate format is responsibility of the author who has previously submitted the abstract through the website (author or co-author). The Congress organization is not responsible for files delivered after the established deadline or with formatting problems.
- For more information, contact CCM Congresses. Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 6:00pm through Contact Us / HelpDesk
- Best basic science work
- Aluízio Marques Award: best clinical work
- Roberto Melaragno Filho Award: best multidisciplinar work
- Gilberto Belisário Award: Young Neurologist
- To apply for the award, the first author must be the presenter of the work, must have no more than 35 years old until the start of the event (October 13, 2020) and must have up to 10 years of the conclusion of medical residency (documentation required).
- The author should also inform in the electronic submission form the option "I wish to apply this work for the Gilberto Belisario Award - Young Neurologist".
All presented abstracts will be available at official website congress.
After the end of Congress, the certificates of approved abstracts will be available to the author responsible for submitting on website congress (as long as the author attended the event). To print or download the PDF file, you must access the "Certificates" menu, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered e-mail and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey".
Important: the certificates will be not sent directly by email.
• A certificate will be issued with the title of the abstract, with the approved modality and the name of all authors registered at the time of submission.
• The second certificate issued will be issued with the title of the abstract, the approved modality and the name of the presenter.
• At least one of the authors must be registered and attend the event to receive the certificate later.
• If the author responsible for submitting the abstract hasn’t attended the event, one of the coauthors (who attended and exhibited the paper) may request the transfer of the certificate through the Help Desk menu.